Whatever kind of a coffee bean is, its freshness is the important factor to influence its quality. So I attach importance to identify the freshness of coffee beans. Here are some simple ways to identify:
1. Fresh coffee beans are rounded but not defective or chapped, or with peculiar shape or size. Also a layer of oil wrap coffee beans outside which make them look glossy.
2. You can put a coffee bean on your hand or mouth, crush or chew it. Fresh coffee beans taste crisp, and release strong aroma.
3. Smell if there's strong and rich aroma in coffee beans. When you open coffee bag, if you can smell a kind of strong coffee aroma, it means the coffee beans are fresh; Or if the original aroma of coffee vanishes or even blended with other odour, we can judge that the coffee beans are not fresh and not worthy of being bought.
4. Dark roasted coffee beans generates much oil, however, if you find the light roasted coffee also has much oil, it means the coffee has already gone bad, coffee made by this kind of coffee beans have apparently bitterness and acidity.
5. If you want to purchase single-origin coffee beans, besides to the points I said above, you also need to observe that if the color, shape and size are the same to avoid purchasing the one blended with other sort of coffee beans.
Freshness is the soul of coffee beans, coffee valve thinks it is crucial for us to identify if coffee beans are fresh or not!
Tag: coffee valve
Originally published 21 Oct 2016, updated 21 Oct 2016.
one way degassing valve plays an important role for the packaging bags, there is a big variety of types and applications for one-way degassing valve.
By reviewing the harmfulness that conventional plastic brings to our planet, Wojin has taken actions and developed degradable coffee exhaust valves.