one way degassing valve would like to share you the principle, structure and usages of an outstanding coffee maker which most Italian families would own called Moka pot.
1. Working Principle:
Moka pot relies on the working principle of hot water reflux, the steam rapidly extracts the coffee through the fine ground coffee on the basket.
Moka pot contains the upper chamber, the bottom chamber and basket.
1) Pour pure water in the bottom chamber, notice that the water level is not higher than the safe valve.
2) Insert the basket to the bottom chamber, pour ground coffee(fine ground) and compress evenly.
3) Screw the upper chamber and basket onto the bottom chamber in order.
4) Put the Moka pot on gas stove or induction cooker, heat it with medium or hard fire which make sure steam generates enough to extract the coffee. Turn down the fire when the water is boiling, getting rid of the insufficient extraction of the coffee due to the high-speed of rising through.
5) The water in the upper chamber get pressure because of the high-temperature heating. The boiling water pushes up while hot water rapidly rises through the fine ground coffee in the basket rapidly, extracting the mellow and strong coffee to the upper chamber.
6) Finally, pour the coffee in the coffee cup.
A cup of coffee made by Moka pot is done. Do you understand how to do?
Originally published 28 Jul 2016, updated 28 Jul 2016.
When you or your customer have high requirement on the coffee kit, please also remember to have your coffee bean packed with a coffee valve without filter.
Brewing methods have different requirements on the powder thickness, exhaust valves without filter is suitable for whole-bean product that can be grinded at home.
Brewing method and the storage condition are both affecting coffee taste, and the exhaust valve with filter installed on package is suitable for powdery product.
We recommend you keep coffee beans in containers with one-way degassing valve, it helps to prevent quality change and to extend shelf life during ‘resting’.